Who Gives A Crap is bringing back Flush Your Ex, giving you the chance to move on and put your ex’s love letters to good use — by turning them into recycled toilet paper.
Admittedly, I have “love” letters and cards I’ve held onto for a while. Some I would 100% trash, while others I’d rather keep. And you likely have that problem, too.
Who Gives A Crap is coming to the rescue to help us forget an ex-whatever while doing good for someone else at the same time. Flush Your Ex offers an alternative to just tossing out your old keepsakes and instead putting them to good use.
Since 2013, Who Gives a Crap has been filling bathrooms across the country with eco-friendly toilet paper, tissues and paper towels. Their products are all made from sustainable materials and are plastic-free. The brand donates 50% of its profits to help build toilets and improve sanitation in the developing world.
Who Gives A Crap surveyed 2,000 adults in the 10 most populated U.S. cities who are single or in a new relationship and found that “despite the belief in the benefits of discarding keepsakes, almost one-third (29%) have held onto items for more than one year.”
That’s where Flush Your Ex comes in. You can send in old mementos — from Feb. 6 to Feb. 29 — that will be turned into the brand’s recycled toilet paper. Not only does this eco-friendly initiative support the reduction of deforestation, but it also offers a healthy and cathartic way to dispose of negative memories ahead of Valentine’s Day.
Here’s what to know about Flush Your Ex:
- Send your old love letters to Second Home / Who Gives A Crap Inc, Attn: Flush Your Ex, 1370 N St. Andrews Place, Los Angeles, CA 90028.
- You actually have to send physical letters in a postmarked envelope. In other words, they don’t accept emails they have to print.
- It’s OK if the letters have non-paper material (sticky tape, staples, stickers, glue). But if any are covered in spaghetti sauce, for example, they can’t make that into toilet paper and instead will destroy them.
- Everything you send comes property of the brand and they won’t be returning anything to you.
- If there’s something you don’t want anyone else to see, scribble it out first.
Unfortunately, there’s no way to know whether “you’re wiping your rear end with your ex’s old letters,” according to Who Gives A Crap. But you do have the satisfaction of knowing they’ll get a second life for wiping someone else’s.
The post Flush Your Ex For Valentine’s Day. Yes, Please! appeared first on The Real Deal by RetailMeNot.